If you ask any South Uralz, where the city of Arshinsk is located, which is next to the largest polymetallic combine in Russia, will be able to answer this question a little less than 100 people. Exactly so many people live in the most highly mountainous village of South Urals — Verkhnearshinsky. And the answer to this question will be:
We live in this city. Rather, it remains from him. Rather in what could be this city.
Verkhnearshinsky, Arshinsky, Arshinsk, Urge Arsha, Arsha, traveling the 87th kilometer — the locals are so called their microwire. The village is located at a height of a little less than 1 kilometer above sea level and is considered the most highly mountainous on all southern Urals.
It originated at the beginning of the 20th century as one of the serving stations by Beloretska narrow-sole railway. In Tsarist Russia, they did not pay attention to this village — it was not before. The road earned in full force in 1912, and after 2 years the first world began.
But reports of geological parties, which worked during the installation of the railway, and who revealed a strange geological outputs in the place of «crossover 87th kilometer» the Bolsheviks fully took advantage.
The revolution and civil war did not have time, as in 1927, the composition with a large geological party arrived from Leningrad himself was stopped at a small journey. After a short survey in the center flew a depothel: a large field of copper cchedan, lead ore, iron ore, a lot of combustible sulfur and a number of other minerals are open. This meant only one thing: geologists found the largest deposit of polymetallic ores in Russia.
After a few years, the active development of the deposit began. The conditions were exactly zero, there was no technique on the abandoned high mountain, the ore was driven by straight to the station on horseback.
The plans of the Soviet government was the construction of the largest polymetallic plant. But these plans crossed the Second World War I began in 1939. Maximum what was done at this time — clearing the territory for future construction, combined with the workpiece for Magnitet and Chelyabinsk.
But the war ended and in 1951 the mine earned with a double strength.
Construction of the plant began, workers and specialists arrived. A school was built per 1000 places (according to the standards of Soviet times it was composed of a population of 12-15 thousand people). Near the school, the club, library, dining room, has four stores, two bathrooms, a household services, a bakery. The village expanded — after a few years, more than 7,000 people lived there, and he himself acquired the status of an urban style village.
But in 1955, in the village of Verkhnearshinsky, where the largest GOK was built in the whole of the world, a new batch of geologists arrives. Their goal was to study the boundaries of the field and establish the reasons … anomalies. The fact is that with the gradual deepening of the mine, it was noticed: the deeper it is to dig, the stronger the groundwater is income, and the radiation level is growing with them. Moreover, the further development went to the southwest, the more seriously it was its level. Together with the richest deposit, which went deep into the taiga from the village, a hand in hand was invisible death.
And the mine himself became dangerous for life. The report of the geological party read: the richest deposit of radioactive ores is on the taiga. It was enough for the development of the future of the Combine and the city to put the cross.
Next year, the plant was presserved, stopped all the construction of residential and household buildings, all specialists began to be gradually taken out. The infected mine was flooded, and now there is a beautiful taiga lake in his place:
But let the tired traveler not tempting the cool mirror of water — the radiation background there is exceeded several times.
A few years later, the border of the State South Ural Nature Reserve was held in close proximity to the village. There is a security cordon on the village.
A little more than 65 years have passed, now less than 70 people are officially registered in Verkhnearshinsky. True, in the summer he comes to life — places there are deaf: a few local residents and summer houses are engaged in collecting berries, mushrooms, medicinal herbs, they are engaged in gardens, drive fir oil, breed cows and goats. Often there are tourists in those places, relax, go hiking, ride bikes, bathe in that very career …